Thursday, May 7, 2009

Men in my Life

Well well dont get ideas here - I have written about the women in my life who help me get where I am, now I am just going to talk about the men in my life who mean a lot to me.

As a child I remember those loving hands patting me to sleep, carrying me around to show me cats, dogs, cows, trains....I am the apple of his eye....my beloved Dad....I still remember the times I used to be awake until Dad returned from duty. Since he was in the purchase department he used to travel to Mumbai often. He used to be home late and I used to keep awake until I saw him. I remember those rides on his scooter, then M80 and the times he encouraged me to take his Kinetic Honda by myself. His encouraging words when I was down and his advise to take IT as my specialization. I remember the pain when we had financially hard times but Dad was never cowed down. Thanks to him I know a lot of different songs, better general knowledge and I am the person I am.

We cycled long distances together, collecting matchbox covers, buying indrajal comics out of pocket money. I remember the "Payya payya" chubby loving brother of mine as a young child. I vividly remember the time he hit me with back of a cricket bat on my already fractured nose(Yes! I had managed to fracture my nose)..nevertheless that doesnt change anything. I still think of him as my kid brother though he now has a family of his own. He will always remain my kid brother. I admire his happy-go-lucky attitude to life despite going through a lot of trauma in life.

Then somewhere down the line, along came my knight in the shining armour. Yes, I always dreamt of my dream man to come on a dark horse with a shining armour (he he!!). Well actually he did - except that it was a black Yahama motorbike. I just cannot imagine my life without him. We have seen tough times, happy times, funny times, adventurous times ....and there is lots of go...still lots to come. He is my pillar of strength, the person I rely on, everything I dreamed of.....my life partner and my loving husband.

Then my four maternal cousins who are always there when needed, my uncles who doted on me, my friends who helped in tough times, my colleagues and supervisors who helped me excel at work ....I thank GOD for having so many wonderful people around me...

I also need to mention the little men - my nephews - Oh those sweet little kids - Always amaze me with the energy they have - evrytime I think of them, I cant help but SMILE :-)

3 comments:

Fizz said...

that was funny..man in black yamaha..ha ha..good job.

Unknown said...

That was very nice...... i also remember that bat had a Kapil Dev sticker on it and i went to hit a six... unfortunate to catch with your nose...i did not even get a chance to say a sorry then....

Baski said...

Chandrika - read your blog (1st one), it is beautifully written. I guess I can expect 1 article a month from you for AXA Newsletter... Thanks for sharing and do send me 1 article a month.

- Baski